My Patterns

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"Grandma's Knickknacks" Baubles


Here are the little bauble ornaments I made using the pattern from my "Grandma's Knickknacks" motif


They are so cute and simple.  I made them by working up the first three rounds of the "Grandma's Knickknacks" pattern.


I simply crocheted two motifs (through round three) and then crocheted them, wrong sides together, with 3sc in each ch-2 space of round three.  For added dimension and stability, I popped a single cotton ball into each one before closing the round .  Then I chained 24 for the hanger, slip-stitching in the join. and voila! Colorful little baubles for putting on key-chain, zipper, Christmas tree or whatever! The full pattern is below.


My crochet Christmas 2015 ornament project is growing!  See my earlier post
 A Crochet Christmas 2015 Challange for a link to the stocking pattern.


I used worsted weight yarn and a 4.0 (G) hook.  They measure approx. 3in in diameter. 

Here are the short and skinny instructions:

Round 1 - ch3 plus 11 dc in a magic ring
Round 2 - sc in space between dc's, ch1, repeat around
Round 3 - 3dctog, ch2 in each ch-1 space around
Round 4 - with two motifs wrong sides together and working through both, 3sc in each ch-2 space around ... pop in a cotton ball before finishing round 4 then finish the round and join with a slip-stitch in the beginning stitch of round 4.  Do not fasten off,  Chain 24, slip-stich in join, then fasten off.

*For more detailed instructions on rounds one through three, follow the link to the motif pattern above.

I hope you all will check back soon as I will be posting a pattern for Grandma's Knickknack Coasters and an all new Grandma's Knickknack Hex Motif!




5 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I love the Grandma's Knickknacks pattern. I'm planning on using it again shortly. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love what you have done with the pattern so far, and look forward to seeing more! I also have Grandma's Knickknack coasters coming soon and a pattern for a new Grandma's Hex motif too!

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful, beautiful colors, Laurel!! I love your eye for color! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye-catching colors and very pretty patterns! Thank you for sharing ♥
    jo c

    ReplyDelete